One feature I wanted to add to the new blog is monthly reviews. Other than blogging and reading, I love other forms of entertainment like films, shows, and music, so these monthly reviews would be perfect to show what I liked in the previous month! I hope you all enjoy it 🙂
What I Watched
- Big Mouth – This show is honestly so hilarious and I absolutely love it. And can we just appreciate how Maya Rudolph, who voices the Hormone Monstress, says “bubble bath?”
- The Good Place – I binge watched this show in 2 days. That’s how good it is! I love the characters and the whole story and it’s so funny! Also, whenever Chidi talks about philosophy I get so happy because I actually understand what he’s saying. I guess them 2 years of studying Philosophy A Level were actually get put to use!
- American Vandal – Hand on my heart, I can say that this is one of Netflix’s best shows. My friend suggested it to me a long time ago but I waited too long to watch it. This show has the perfect cast, the perfect stories and the perfect satirical content! It’s such a shame there isn’t going to be a season 3!
Due to spending most of my November watching Netflix shows, I hardly watched any films. However, I did watch Widows at the cinema. It was okay, I kind of expected more but the casts’ performance (especially Viola Davis, Elizabeth Debicki and Daniel Kaluuya) is what really made this film.
What I Listened to
- Room 25 by Noname – Noname released this album in September and it’s still on repeat! I waited so long for her to release a new project and when she dropped Room 25, I was so excited! Room 25 has a different sound from her mixtape, Telephone, however, it’s a good different. My favourite songs are Part Of Me and Don’t Forget About Me.
- Sweetener by Ariana Grande – This album was released a good few months ago and like Room 25, it’s STILL on repeat. I like this different sound for Ariana Grande, all the songs are ones that you can vibe to and it’s just great. My favourite songs have to be R.E.M. and get well soon.
- Thank you, next by Ariana Grande – this song is so amazing. I can’t wait for the music video because the behind the scenes photos on Ariana’s Instagram looks AMAZING.
- Away We Go by Bad Suns – If you know me, you know that my favourite band is Bad Suns. They released a new song called Away We Go and even though it’s very different from their usual sound, I love it!! They also announced that they were doing an Away We Go tour, and I got tickets to see them in January, I can’t wait to see them live again!
What I’m Loving
- Fitness YouTube channels – Since I’ve started going to the gym, I’ve been watching so many fitness channels to get some inspiration and knowledge about the different workouts I can do at the gym. The channels I have been binge watching recently are Courtney Sarracino and Grace Fit UK
- Makeup Channels – I watch the generic makeup channels from different beauty gurus on YouTube, but I wanted to branch out and discover more, especially black beauty gurus. My favourite right now is Lonyea Maiden. She is honestly so talented and I aspire to have the skills she has!
- Frozen Grapes – A bit random but ever since it was suggested to me to freeze my grapes, I haven’t stopped eating them. Frozen grapes are the best fruit ever.
What I Read
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson – I thought I’d enjoy this book but to put it in a nutshell, it disappointed me and annoyed me. (Book review coming soon!)
- Torn by Cat Clarke – While I was reading Torn I was so eager to know what would happen at the end. Although I kind of expected it, the journey to how it ended the way it did was interesting, even though the romance aspect did annoy me quite a bit. Check out my book review for it here!
What did you get up to in November? Drop a comment below!