Welcome to my (very late) post about my December 2018! I’ll definitely be doing them on my blog and posting them in the first week of every new month now 🙂
December was such a fun month! I watched a lot of stuff, I spent Christmas with my family and New Years with my friends! I also decided to make small sustainable changes so I could improve on being kinder to the environment!
What I Watched
- The Hook Up Plan – This is a French show on Netflix where 2 friends pay a gut to hookup with their other friend. I thought this show would be awful, given the premise, but it was actually entertaining! Although the ending caught me off-guard, it was a great way to end the show. I don’t know if there would be a season 2 but I’m honestly happy with how season 1 ended (even though I hate cliffhangers).
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse – This film was so amazing. The story, the characters, the comic book animation, the soundtrack, everything about it was great and I really enjoyed watching it!
- The Princess Switch – Christmas season means watching cheesy Christmas romances, forgetting that they’re cheesy and just enjoying it! It was great seeing Vanessa Hudgens in a film again!
- The Holiday Calendar – I was surprised how much I enjoyed watching this one. It was corny but cute.
- Dumplin’ – it was great seeing a plus-sized woman as the main character of a film, who also entered a pageant contest to prove a point that it’s not only women who are size 8 and below who are beautiful. This films had plus-sized characters, drag queens AND the soundtrack was all Dolly Parton songs (the only country music I actually like) so it’s really a must watch. I had no idea this was an adaptation from a book until after I watched the film, so I’ll definitely read it soon!
- Bird Box – This film kept me on edge for the whole time I was watching it and it was wild!
- Tomb Raider – I finally watched the 2018 reboot and I must say, it was actually alright.
- The Losers – This was on Netflix so I watched it and I’ll just say that if Idris Elba and Chris Evans weren’t in the film, I probably wouldn’t have finished it.
- Black Mirror: Bandersnatch – This was definitely interesting to watch! It was fun going back and forth with the interactive element of the film and seeing the different endings.
What I Listened T0
The only album I’ve been listening to is the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse soundtrack. I never listen to soundtracks but this one is too good not to listen to it. Every song suites the film so perfectly and I love listening to it. My favourite songs are Sunflower (obviously) and Memories.
What I’m Loving
- Metal Straws – I read about metal straws a while ago when I was looking for ways to be more friendly to the planet. Plastic straws don’t biodegrade so pile up in the ocean for years, damaging the environment and harming sea animals.
What I Read
I started rereading the A Series of Unfortunate Events books since I didn’t get to finish the last few books before. I was able to read the first three books of the series!